Over the past couple of years there have been dramatic changes to Newcastle City Centre, with some big chains coming knocking. Just under a year ago the Cloth Market welcomed Revolucion De Cuba. Now, don’t tell gin, but I am a rum cocktail lover, so I was particularly excited about this one.
The new bar offers a range of things, from an upstairs terrace and more chilled vibe to relax for after work drinks, to formal dining with a fantastic tapas menu and a live Cuban band on a Saturday night (perfect for a dance).
I love the vibe in here and thought I’d share my top five drinks from the menu!
The Top 5
- The Espresso Rumtini – Cuban coffee and Havana rum this smooth drink is an incredible twist perfectly blended.
- The Pornstar Rumtini – I know, I can’t help but cringe when I order them but I LOVE a pornstar martini, and this is no difference; made with Bacardi white rum to replace the vodka.
- The Raspberry Mojito – A Classic, and for that reason alone it has made this list! If you’ve got a sweet tooth this is one for you with a brilliant bitter twist after taste from the lime and mint.
- Koko Fizz – I’m not going to lie, the colour of this one usually would put me off, but the ingredients work beautifully together, the koko kanu (a coconut rum) with almond and lime the drink is perfect if you’ve made your way onto the drinks terrace.
- Marmalade Mai-Tai – Because I love gin, and I love rum, so a cocktail with gin and rum feels like the one, this uses the brilliant Slingsby Marmalade Gin (a northern gin very local to where I grew up) to bring that twist to your Mai-Tai
If you’re a seafood love, I’d recommend the Mojito Prawns and the Lime and Coconut Prawn Tostada. The beatballs are also really tasty (I shouldn’t say I wasn’t expecting them to be!) and vegan.
Make sure you always check the website before you go as they usually have some great offers on!